Restoration Prayer


After Job had prayed for his three friends, the Lord made Job twice as rich as he had been before.
Job‬ ‭42:10 ‭CEV‬‬

Job was a righteous man who suffered greatly because of a wager between God and Satan. 

He lost his wealth, his children, his health, and his reputation. His three friends, Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar, came to comfort him, but they ended up accusing him of sinning and deserving his misery. 

Job defended his innocence and questioned God's justice, but he never cursed God or renounced his faith.

At the end of the book, God spoke to Job out of a whirlwind and challenged his wisdom and understanding. 

He showed Job his sovereignty and majesty over all creation and asked him to trust him even when he does not explain his ways. 

Job humbly repented of his complaints and acknowledged God's greatness. He also prayed for his three friends, who had angered God by speaking falsely about him.

The book concludes with a happy ending for Job. After he had prayed for his three friends, the Lord made Job twice as rich as he had been before. 

He restored his fortunes, his health, and his family. He gave him 14,000 sheep, 6,000 camels, 1,000 pair of oxen, and 1,000 donkeys. 

He also gave him seven more sons and three daughters, who were the most beautiful women in the land. Job lived for another 140 years and saw his descendants to the fourth generation.

This verse shows God's grace and faithfulness to Job, who endured his trials with patience and integrity. 

It also shows God's justice and mercy to his friends, who were forgiven and spared from punishment because of Job's intercession. 

It teaches us that God is in control of everything that happens to us, and that he rewards those who love him and obey him. 

It also encourages us to pray for others, especially those who have wronged us or hurt us, and to seek reconciliation with them.

Prayer :

Lord, you are the Almighty God, who created the heavens and the earth and everything in them. You are the source of all wisdom and power, and you rule over all things with justice and mercy. You are faithful to your promises and gracious to your people.

  • I thank you for the example of Job, who trusted you and obeyed you even when he faced great suffering and loss. 
  • I thank you for restoring his blessings and giving him more than he had before. 
  • I thank you for forgiving his friends and accepting his prayer for them. 
  • I thank you for showing him your glory and your goodness.

Lord, I ask you to help me follow Job's footsteps and remain faithful to you in every situation. 
  • I ask you to give me the strength and the patience to endure the trials and the temptations that come my way. 
  • I ask you to bless me and my family and friends with your favor and your protection. 
  • I ask you to forgive me and those who have wronged me or hurt me, and to heal our relationships.
Lord, I praise you and worship you for who you are and what you have done. You are the Lord of lords and the King of kings, and you deserve all the glory and the honor and the praise. 

Amen.
***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Words

The Power of Prayer

Mastering the Art of Saying No: A Guide to Overcoming Guilt