Protection from Enemies


Psalms 35:1-2 CEV‬‬

Fight my enemies, Lord! Attack my attackers! Shield me and help me.

The essence of Psalms 35:1-2 in the Contemporary English Version (CEV) is a heartfelt prayer for protection from enemies. Let's break it down:

1. Verse 1: "Fight my enemies, Lord! Attack my attackers!"
    - David, the psalmist, is pleading with God to intervene on his behalf.
    - He acknowledges that he has adversaries who seek to harm him.
    - The imagery here is powerful: David asks God to actively engage in battle against those who oppose him.

2. Verse 2: "Shield me and help me." 
    - David continues his prayer, emphasizing his need for divine protection.
    - The metaphor of a shield suggests God's defense against harm.
    - By asking for God's help, David acknowledges his dependence on the Almighty.

In summary, these verses express David's vulnerability and his unwavering trust in God's strength and deliverance. They remind us that even in our struggles, we can turn to God for refuge and assistance.

Prayer:

Lord, be my shield in times of battle. Fight my enemies and protect me. Your strength is my refuge.
Amen.
🙏 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Words

The Power of Prayer

Mastering the Art of Saying No: A Guide to Overcoming Guilt