Humility


But if you are as humble as this child, you are the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew‬ ‭18:4‬ ‭CEV‬‬

What does it mean to be humble like a child?

To know that I am nothing without God's grace
To have no pride or greed that makes me wild
To trust and obey his will in every place

Why is humility the way to heaven's gate?

Because God opposes those who are haughty but gives his favor to those who are lowly

Because Jesus came to serve, not to be great but died and rose to save us from our folly

How can I practice humility each day?

By confessing my sins and asking for help
By valuing others and serving with love
By listening and learning from those who pray
By giving thanks and praise to God above

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for your love and grace.

Help me to be humble like a child, not seeking my own glory or honor, but trusting in you and serving others.

You are the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, and you invite me to share in your joy.

Teach me to follow your example of humility and love, and to live for your glory.

Amen.
***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Words

The Power of Prayer

Mastering the Art of Saying No: A Guide to Overcoming Guilt