WORKAHOLICS

Do you ever find yourself as fatigued on Monday morning as you were on Friday afternoon?
Do you ever bring home work in a briefcase and used the weekend to catch up on work you haven't got done?
Do you ever get tired just thinking of what you've got to do?
Do you ever feel guilty when you relax?
If you answer yes to one or more of the above questions, chances are good that you may be a Workaholic.

It's interesting to me that God has more to say about taking a day off than He does about either murder or adultery. The fourth is the longest of the Ten Commandments. It's as if He's saying, "I want you to take this serious, this is not a suggestion.
I am commanding you to take a day off every week. It's the antidote to burnout, the prevention against the stress-filled world we live in.
PROVERBS 14:30 (LB) "A RELAXED ATTITUDE LENGTHENS A MAN'S LIFE."

When you don't follow God's principles, if Christ is not the center of your life, the manager, calling the shots one of the clearest signs that your priorities are out of order, is that you are CHRONICALLY FATIGUED. I'm not talking about a physical ailment but an emotionally, physically fatigue all the time. You're out of balance.

What do I do when I'm that way? You come to Jesus Christ. Ask Him to help you. Say, take all of these parts of my life that are loading me down and help me to sort out what's really important. Become the manager of my life. Jesus said, "I will give you rest."
MATTHEW 11:28-29 (PH) "COME TO ME, ALL YOU WHO ARE WEARY AND OVER-BURDENED, AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST! FOR MY YOKE IS EASY AND MY BURDEN IS LIGHT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Words

The Power of Prayer

Mastering the Art of Saying No: A Guide to Overcoming Guilt