THE SECRETS OF LASTING LOVE

ISAIAH 54:8 (TEV) “I WILL SHOW YOU MY LOVE FOREVER,’ SO SAYS THE LORD WHO SAVES YOU.”

The foundation for a stable life, no matter what you go through in life, is the unchanging love of God. I know that a lot of things will change in my life. But one thing I know will never change is that God will never stop loving me.

If you’re going to build a love that lasts a lifetime you have to figure out how to overcome the Deadly D’s. Every relationship whether it’s a friendships or a marriage goes through the Deadly D’s – Difficulties, Disagreements, Differences, Discord, Disappointment, Defeat, Dead-ends, Depression, Delay, Doubt, Distance, Death, Debt, Demands, Difficulties.

Those are not easy things to overcome. But those who survived the deadly D’s overcame the big D – Divorce.

How do you have a love that lasts a lifetime? There’s some things that you must never do if you’re going to build a love that lasts a lifetime.
We’re in 1 Corinthians 13, It says this in verse 7 “LOVE NEVER STOPS BEING PATIENT, NEVER STOPS BELIEVING, NEVER STOPS HOPING, NEVER GIVES UP.” These are the habits of a lifetime of loving.

The real secret to learning a lasting love is LETTING GOD’S LOVE FLOW THROUGH YOU. The Bible says “YOUR ATTITUDE SHOULD BE THE SAME AS THAT OF CHRIST JESUS.”

This is the secret of lasting love. It takes Christ’s love in you. Human love wears out. That’s why we’ve got those divorce statistics. But Christ’s love is eternal. Before you can offer it to others you’ve got to get it in you.

This is the day you’re going to say I’m going to become a great lover and I’m going to start by getting God’s love in my life. I’m going to open my life to Jesus Christ and let him fill me with his love in ways that I can’t love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Words

The Power of Prayer

Mastering the Art of Saying No: A Guide to Overcoming Guilt