LOVE IS NOT EASILY ANGERED

A lot of people think anger is always a sin. Not necessarily. Sometimes anger is the most appropriate response. Actually anger is a capacity given to you by God. God gets angry. There’s some times that you should get angry.

Let me give you little facts about anger that you may not know. For instance, the average woman loses her temper three times a week while the average man loses his temper about six times a week. Women get more often angry at people while men more often get angry at things. Machines and stuff like that, that break down. Single adults express anger twice as often as married adults. Men are far more physical in their anger than women. You are more likely to express anger at home than anywhere else.

“I ALWAYS LOSE WHEN I LOSE MY TEMPER!” What do you lose? You lose your reputation. You can lose the respect of others. You can lose your job. You can lose a sale. You can lose the love of your family. You could lose your health. It doesn’t matter how well you eat. You may eat a perfect, organic, one hundred percent natural diet and if you’re carrying anger around you’re still going to get sick. IT’S NOT SO MUCH WHAT YOU EAT, IT’S WHAT EATS YOU.

How does God help me with my bad habit of anger? He goes straight to the heart of the problem. The Bible says this, in MATTHEW 12:34 (NLT) “WHATEVER IS IN YOUR HEART DETERMINES WHAT YOU WILL SAY.”
You see the problem is not my tongue, it’s my heart. My mouth just betrays what I’m really like inside. Friends, what you need is a heart transplant. You need a new heart. David says this in PSALM 51 “CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART, O GOD.” That’s what you need to say today: God I need a clean heart. I need a heart transplant.

Jesus can replace a hurting heart and all that pain with a sense of his love.
EZEKIEL 36:26 (MES) says “I’LL GIVE YOU A NEW HEART, PUT A NEW SPIRIT IN YOU. I’LL REMOVE THE STONE HEART FROM YOUR BODY AND REPLACE IT WITH A HEART THAT’S GOD-WILLED, NOT SELF-WILLED.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Words

The Power of Prayer

Mastering the Art of Saying No: A Guide to Overcoming Guilt