THE PASSION I

JOHN 14:6 "I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE. NO ONE CAN GET TO GOD THE FATHER EXCEPT BY MEANS OF ME."

How is it something could happen 2010 years ago, approximately, and still have an effect today? What does it mean? A lot of people say, "I believe in the resurrection. I just don't understand it." George Gallup did a pole and said that even 84% of the people who never go to church, believe that Jesus rose from the dead. It's an historical fact. It wasn't done in secret. The whole city of Jerusalem knew about it and eventually the whole Roman Empire. It was news. If CNN had been there, they would have had it live. There are at least 15 historical references to Jesus meeting people, touching people, talking with people. One time He cooked breakfast for some people. One time He talked to about 500 people after He had risen from the dead. A lot of people saw Him.

Even if you don't believe Jesus Christ is who He said He was, you still use Him as a reference point. Every time you write a check, every time you date a contract, every time you put down an appointment in your little blue book what's the reference point? 2010 years from what? Jesus came to earth. God came to earth in the form of a man so we could know what God is like. His name was Jesus Christ. He split all of history into A.D. and B.C. Every time you write a date, Jesus is the reference point.

Because Jesus did rise, He is who He said He was, He has the power He said He had and He kept the promises that He made.

The number one complaint from people today is "My life is out of control."

"I feel powerless change the situation...

I feel powerless to break a bad habit...

I feel powerless to save a relationship...

I feel powerless to get out of debt...

I feel powerless to manage my time and my schedule."

What you need is a power greater than yourself. You were never meant to live this life just on your own power. God wants to have a relationship with you. EPHESIANS 1:20 (LB) "HOW INCREDIBLY GREAT IS HIS POWER TO HELP THOSE WHO BELIEVE HIM, THE SAME MIGHTY POWER THAT RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD." The same power than enabled Jesus to rise from death will help you rise above your problems.

Why does the resurrection matter? Because my past can be forgiven, my present can be managed, and my future can be secured.

God wants to say to you today, "You matter to Me. I understand everything about your life. I know you. I made you, you matter to Me. I want to have a relationship to you. I sent My Son to die for you. I want you to get to know Me."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Words

The Power of Prayer

Mastering the Art of Saying No: A Guide to Overcoming Guilt